The Head of Internal Audit is responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory, and compliance-related audits/reviews of Saudi Enaya.
A secondary role is to provide advice on internal control to SE Direct management, including responding to questions on risk management techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance, or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance, and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify controls operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of the control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with the audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Acts as primary client liaison within Internal Audit for one or more VPs / division heads.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal SE Direct policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, to the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within SE Direct.
- Researches new or technical subjects when required to support audits (e.g., Basel III, OSFI Guidelines, market risk, financial instruments, etc.)
- Provide feedback on the performance of Internal Auditors and audit assignments, as applicable.
Qualification / Capabilities:
- University degree in accountancy, business administration, or any other related discipline.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is preferred
- CA/CMA/CGA designation, or senior-level status, is highly desirable
- Excellent knowledge of banking/financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 3 to 5 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience is determined to be acceptable.
- Management and supervisory skills
- ability to install and administer computer hardware, software, and networks
- team-building skills
- analytical and problem-solving skills
- decision-making skills