IT Manager is a senior IT professional in charge of the company’s technology strategy and responsible for advancing it. IT Manager usually also coordinates and leads a team of IT experts/IT Department.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead IT projects, including designing and deploying new IT systems and services.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels and make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop strategies for new hardware and software.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP)
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, and operate.
- Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crises
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost-effectiveness
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
Make recommendations about the purchase of technology resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related courses
Experience: 5 years as an IT Manager or relevant experience
- Management and supervisory skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong creative and analytical thinking